Swiss Bound!

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Dance your cares away, it's Gitte's belated birthday!

Intern's Log, Calendar Date: 2006.03.19

We were unable to celebrate Gitte's birthday on March 12th, so we instead reorganized to rendezvous a week later on March 19th. It was a small affair, but I wasn't really in the mood to cook for more than was needed.



...to start we had garlic/ginger/coriander shrimp, and we continued onto the main course consisting of salmon steaks, potatoes, and asparagus in a parmesean/garlic sauce.

And in following Danish tradition, Gitte impressively provided dessert...



What I find funny about that last dessert picture is that it looks like there's wine in those glasses. But it's really just Tuborg. Still it looks classy, eh?

Oh and the crazy humongous birthday card that everyone signed while they were drunk off their asses.



Tom, Hose, Gustavo, and Edin joined us later for dessert and...yeah, that was pretty much it. Wow, not exactly a shell-shocker of an evening. No crazy drunkenness and shinanigans like in the past, so not a heck of alot to write about.



But perhaps that's the point. It was a quiet evening, but very enjoyable. I think it's the balance between crazy fun and casual get togethers that keeps life fresh. That, and the Fraggles.



Yeah I forgot to mention that we watched Fragglerock after dessert. And oh did the memories somewhat come crashing back...at least in the opening sequence. I had no idea that it was distributed by the CBC!

Happy (belated) Birthday wishes to Gitte. You're only 3 months older than me, so don't go mad with power.

1 Comments:

  • did you download the fraggles? when i was living there, patey downloaded a fraggles episode and burned it to a dvd. did we leave it there? anyway, good show.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:20 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home