More fun than a bowl of Lucky Charms
I think that after last weekend's party, Erika Palakovic's birthday will forever become synonymous with St. Patrick's Day. Not because she drove out any snakes from the apartment that we had been celebrating in, but moreso the fact that I laughed harder than a drunken leprechaun that night.
And it was by far one of the oddest parties that I can remember. From beginning to end.
Oh btw, I'd just like to point out that I must've started drinking too early because I for some reason opted to not use flash for any of my pictures, so they all suck. But at the same time, I still need a new camera, cuz this one is just about to kick the can after my european adventure concludes.
And so to begin, we waited...quite a while...and people slowly drifted into the apartment. And we did our best to pass the time...




...and finally the party started off with a bang because Erika was completely surprised! Hooray!


...not only that but we soon learned that Chris got stuck in the elevator, while on his way up to join us and follow up with the surprise.




Can you feel Jedrzej's pain?
I believe that pose is known as the "cringe of mourning". Damned blurry camera.
After that...it was party on...








Caipirinha...heralded as being one of the best drinks in the world...


...too bad I got the raw end of the pitcher, ending up with a cup full of cachaça saturated limes and ice cubes.
Finally...the party conclusion was by far the most hilarious episode I've ever seen. So let's do a proper recap here...
Kent requested permission to use one of my coveted Guinness' to mix himself an 'Irish Carbomb'. Okay so we didn't have any Jameson Whiskey, oh freakin'-well...anyway, Kent very impressively downed the whole pint.


Somewhere along the line, Luke figured that it would also be a good idea to have an ICB himself in all of his already ridiculously drunken glory. But even after many attempts to curb Luke's ambitions, he simply wouldn't take "no" for an answer so naturally he did what he does best: he improvised.
Since we had hidden the pint glass, Luke fetched a coffee carafe. Then he opened up a bottle of Tuborg and dumped it into the carafe. He then followed that quickly with a shot of Baileys into the carafe as well. Then he had the brilliant idea to swirl the mixture around and around for a good 30 seconds.
Let me just say that the resulting action resembled a kid's volcano project, when you combine the vinegar with the baking soda. Essentially what happened was the cream in the Baileys began to curdle, creating a disgusting stew of foam and curds.
Luke drank it anyway.




But that was only the beginning of the laughter.
Somewhere in the next 20 minutes, Luke...and well Ben...
...ack...you know what...I'm just going to let the pictures speak for themselves.
Tom was gracious enough to send me copies of the photos that he has chosen to call, "Ben's Downfall". I have to admit, that title is dead on.




I know I've done some funny photo editing in the past, but believe me, these pictures were NOT doctored at all. You just can't make this kind of stuff up.
Anyway...the party quickly dispersed after that as the police made their usual stop by the apartment whenever there is a party in the works...that and also because Ben threw his plate of cake off the balcony in a drunken stupor.
Good times, good food, great people. That's what you get when you visit McAllinski's.

Who's better at throwing parties than McAllinski's?? NOOOOOOOOO-BODY!
Happy St.Patty's Day. Happy Birthday Eri-khan!
And it was by far one of the oddest parties that I can remember. From beginning to end.
Oh btw, I'd just like to point out that I must've started drinking too early because I for some reason opted to not use flash for any of my pictures, so they all suck. But at the same time, I still need a new camera, cuz this one is just about to kick the can after my european adventure concludes.
And so to begin, we waited...quite a while...and people slowly drifted into the apartment. And we did our best to pass the time...




...and finally the party started off with a bang because Erika was completely surprised! Hooray!


...not only that but we soon learned that Chris got stuck in the elevator, while on his way up to join us and follow up with the surprise.




Can you feel Jedrzej's pain?
I believe that pose is known as the "cringe of mourning". Damned blurry camera.
After that...it was party on...








Caipirinha...heralded as being one of the best drinks in the world...


...too bad I got the raw end of the pitcher, ending up with a cup full of cachaça saturated limes and ice cubes.
Finally...the party conclusion was by far the most hilarious episode I've ever seen. So let's do a proper recap here...
Kent requested permission to use one of my coveted Guinness' to mix himself an 'Irish Carbomb'. Okay so we didn't have any Jameson Whiskey, oh freakin'-well...anyway, Kent very impressively downed the whole pint.


Somewhere along the line, Luke figured that it would also be a good idea to have an ICB himself in all of his already ridiculously drunken glory. But even after many attempts to curb Luke's ambitions, he simply wouldn't take "no" for an answer so naturally he did what he does best: he improvised.
Since we had hidden the pint glass, Luke fetched a coffee carafe. Then he opened up a bottle of Tuborg and dumped it into the carafe. He then followed that quickly with a shot of Baileys into the carafe as well. Then he had the brilliant idea to swirl the mixture around and around for a good 30 seconds.
Let me just say that the resulting action resembled a kid's volcano project, when you combine the vinegar with the baking soda. Essentially what happened was the cream in the Baileys began to curdle, creating a disgusting stew of foam and curds.
Luke drank it anyway.




But that was only the beginning of the laughter.
Somewhere in the next 20 minutes, Luke...and well Ben...
...ack...you know what...I'm just going to let the pictures speak for themselves.
Tom was gracious enough to send me copies of the photos that he has chosen to call, "Ben's Downfall". I have to admit, that title is dead on.




I know I've done some funny photo editing in the past, but believe me, these pictures were NOT doctored at all. You just can't make this kind of stuff up.
Anyway...the party quickly dispersed after that as the police made their usual stop by the apartment whenever there is a party in the works...that and also because Ben threw his plate of cake off the balcony in a drunken stupor.
Good times, good food, great people. That's what you get when you visit McAllinski's.

Who's better at throwing parties than McAllinski's?? NOOOOOOOOO-BODY!
Happy St.Patty's Day. Happy Birthday Eri-khan!

1 Comments:
hello alan,
i beg to differ
drunk i was, fondled i was, but i really don't think i threw cake off the balcony. i ate one piece of cake and it all went down...it probably came back up later, but yeah, I'm pretty sure I didnt throw any cake.
For the record, in the questionable pictures of Luke and I, I am simply resting my arm on the ledge watching Kent sign Erika's card. Luke is taking advantage of drunk Ben.
yours,
ben
By
Anonymous, at 3:45 a.m.
Post a Comment
<< Home