Big like Tom Hanks
It was an extremely productive past weekend...
Saturday: Went to the office to burn CDs that I forgot to do on Friday afternoon, then went grocery shopping, then did laundry, cleaned some of my room, learned how to make sushi.
Sunday: Cleaned the apartment, washed the dishes, played soccer with Jessica, Gitte, Monique, Vanessa, Jedrzej, and Jessica's friend (dammit, I can't remember his name anymore!), then went home and did another load of laundry, cleaned the rest of my room, and put together the bunkbed.

And now I know how Tom Hanks felt in the movie "Big".

Anyway, it was probably one of the smartest things I've ever done. Wow, better not let the brain overheat! Too bad it took me so freakin' long to realize it and actually get my ass in gear to put it together.
Basically I had 2 single beds (that were originally meant to be a bunk) that I had lashed together to make one mammoth sized bed. Unfortunately, I only slept on one side, and the other side quickly became a storage table. So as of Sunday I said, "To hell with that!" and I put up the bunk. And now I'm using the bunk as shelf storage. What a novel idea!
Maybe I should make a movie out of it! I wonder what the movie poster would look like...?

Ah...hmmmm...somehow I don't think that'll be one of the top 10 highest grossing films of all time.
In any case there you have it...the new room.
Saturday: Went to the office to burn CDs that I forgot to do on Friday afternoon, then went grocery shopping, then did laundry, cleaned some of my room, learned how to make sushi.
Sunday: Cleaned the apartment, washed the dishes, played soccer with Jessica, Gitte, Monique, Vanessa, Jedrzej, and Jessica's friend (dammit, I can't remember his name anymore!), then went home and did another load of laundry, cleaned the rest of my room, and put together the bunkbed.

And now I know how Tom Hanks felt in the movie "Big".

Anyway, it was probably one of the smartest things I've ever done. Wow, better not let the brain overheat! Too bad it took me so freakin' long to realize it and actually get my ass in gear to put it together.
Basically I had 2 single beds (that were originally meant to be a bunk) that I had lashed together to make one mammoth sized bed. Unfortunately, I only slept on one side, and the other side quickly became a storage table. So as of Sunday I said, "To hell with that!" and I put up the bunk. And now I'm using the bunk as shelf storage. What a novel idea!
Maybe I should make a movie out of it! I wonder what the movie poster would look like...?

Ah...hmmmm...somehow I don't think that'll be one of the top 10 highest grossing films of all time.
In any case there you have it...the new room.

2 Comments:
where're my roses?!
By
Anonymous, at 1:28 a.m.
hello pops did u forget about me??
having too much fun away from steeltown...
i was at some random pub across the street from george brown watching the can vs. swiss game...so cool you saw it live...well u were probably more sad than me.
when are u coming back??
By
Anonymous, at 10:55 a.m.
Post a Comment
<< Home