Playing Catch-Up
Okay, this isn't a current post...but it's something you haven't seen yet, so in a way it's still new...
Anyway, a while back, I had gone to the Swiss National Circus, "KNIE".
Now I'm sure you're already asking youselves, "What's the big deal about going to the circus?" But I'll tell you this, a European circus is much different from a North American circus. Primarily because it's not a modern day circus that temporarily takes over some concrete monstronsity of an arena. It's an old fashioned kind of circus. The type that contructs a big-top tent, with a centre ring from which to conduct all the festivities.





But yes, essentially it's the same premise as with any circus. The show is meant for kids. But surprisingly, the majority of the audience consisted of adults, and it was much more entertaining than I had initially expected. I guess a circus can still surprise you by bringing out the kid in you.















As cheesy as it still may seem, I really am glad that I opted to skip out on whatever else it was that other people were planning to do that night, and to go see the circus instead. It was a fantastic experience, and I'd still go again, even when I'm old and gray and in my 20s.
That's right. 20s.
Anyway, a while back, I had gone to the Swiss National Circus, "KNIE".
Now I'm sure you're already asking youselves, "What's the big deal about going to the circus?" But I'll tell you this, a European circus is much different from a North American circus. Primarily because it's not a modern day circus that temporarily takes over some concrete monstronsity of an arena. It's an old fashioned kind of circus. The type that contructs a big-top tent, with a centre ring from which to conduct all the festivities.





But yes, essentially it's the same premise as with any circus. The show is meant for kids. But surprisingly, the majority of the audience consisted of adults, and it was much more entertaining than I had initially expected. I guess a circus can still surprise you by bringing out the kid in you.















As cheesy as it still may seem, I really am glad that I opted to skip out on whatever else it was that other people were planning to do that night, and to go see the circus instead. It was a fantastic experience, and I'd still go again, even when I'm old and gray and in my 20s.
That's right. 20s.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home