Oh, it hurts all over...
Wow...it has been a REALLY REALLY long time since I posted in this thing...even I am surprised myself. But I do have good reasons. Basically the past week has been swamped with wall-to-wall print orders, but also helping the new interns get settled in.
And on top of all that, I'm heading to Vienna, Austria, in nearly 3 hours from now. Trying to plan and organize the trip, plus ontop of work, and little personal projects on the side, it's been INSANELY CRAZY. I know that's redundant, but there's just no other way I can explain it.
Anyway, the following is a post that's just been sitting in my blog drafts for nearly and eternity...so hopefully it'll tide you over until I get back from Vienna. And you can bet your pants that I'll have photos-galore from that trip. Until the next post!
AUGUST 18th, 2005
Yesterday, was the big shopping day...that is, at least for the week...and actually, possibly for the rest of the year...
Anyway, I made my way up to "Carrefour" up near the airport. For those of you who have never ventured up there, it's a very big supermarket. In fact, it's more than a supermarket. For those of you venturing from North America, and possibly some parts of the UK and Korea, it bears a very close resemblance to establishments such as Costco, Price Club, Sam's Club, etc.
Then back to Dragon Pearl, where...I pretty much set myself up with enough food for the next year. If you haven't guessed it already, I bought a 25kg bag of jasmine rice.

The staple food that my little Chinese body has been craving for the last 2 months.
And as soon as I stepped out of the store with this thing, I already knew that it was a potential mistake. First off, this thing is freakin' huge and heavy. I actually had to hoist this thing onto my shoulders like back in the day. On top of that, I almost got leveled by a tramline, the 13 Line to be exact, as I wasn't able to look over my left shoulder on account of the ricebag. Not only that, but I had to lug this thing back across town to the apartment, and my body's paying for it today.
Btw, on a special note, as a couple of you have asked, you can find Dragon Pearl along the No.5 Bus line. If you're going towards Cornavin, just get off at "Coutance", it'll be across the street from the bus-stop, holed up in the corner by some cafe and a whole bunch of parked bikes.
Anyway, good luck...
And on top of all that, I'm heading to Vienna, Austria, in nearly 3 hours from now. Trying to plan and organize the trip, plus ontop of work, and little personal projects on the side, it's been INSANELY CRAZY. I know that's redundant, but there's just no other way I can explain it.
Anyway, the following is a post that's just been sitting in my blog drafts for nearly and eternity...so hopefully it'll tide you over until I get back from Vienna. And you can bet your pants that I'll have photos-galore from that trip. Until the next post!
AUGUST 18th, 2005
Yesterday, was the big shopping day...that is, at least for the week...and actually, possibly for the rest of the year...
Anyway, I made my way up to "Carrefour" up near the airport. For those of you who have never ventured up there, it's a very big supermarket. In fact, it's more than a supermarket. For those of you venturing from North America, and possibly some parts of the UK and Korea, it bears a very close resemblance to establishments such as Costco, Price Club, Sam's Club, etc.
Then back to Dragon Pearl, where...I pretty much set myself up with enough food for the next year. If you haven't guessed it already, I bought a 25kg bag of jasmine rice.

The staple food that my little Chinese body has been craving for the last 2 months.
And as soon as I stepped out of the store with this thing, I already knew that it was a potential mistake. First off, this thing is freakin' huge and heavy. I actually had to hoist this thing onto my shoulders like back in the day. On top of that, I almost got leveled by a tramline, the 13 Line to be exact, as I wasn't able to look over my left shoulder on account of the ricebag. Not only that, but I had to lug this thing back across town to the apartment, and my body's paying for it today.
Btw, on a special note, as a couple of you have asked, you can find Dragon Pearl along the No.5 Bus line. If you're going towards Cornavin, just get off at "Coutance", it'll be across the street from the bus-stop, holed up in the corner by some cafe and a whole bunch of parked bikes.
Anyway, good luck...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home