Swiss Bound!

Sunday, July 10, 2005

Red Alert! All soldiers on deck!

As I'm sure you've all already heard, London was victim to 3 terrorist bombings on Thursday. And I'm sure that you haven't heard is that our office just so happens to be on the first floor of the building that also houses the British Mission.

Now usually, there's always a couple of guards out by the rear entrance each day just keeping an eye on things here and there. But since Thursday, they've stepped up security substantially. Now there armed military guards on a 6-man rotation guarding the main entrance of the building complex. If you're crazy like me and are curious as to what they are armed with, you need not worry, I happened to take a quick glance and saw that they sporting some pretty substantial hardware:

SIG 551


Anyway, I really only put this picture up because the soldiers wouldn't let me take a picture of them just standing guard and watching the road. Don't get me wrong, if the situation hadn't been so serious, I wouldn't have asked them. I just didn't want to snap a shot from across the street and then have half a clip of ammo emptied into my upper torso. But yeah, it's pretty serious stuff. They've even stepped it up on the bomb checking detail too. It used to be like once or twice a week, I'd see a guard with a mirror checking under the cars in the parking lot for bombs, but now it's like they're checking every time a car pulls into the lot.

Actually, we thought perhaps Farhad could wrap a cloth around his head or face and run out and snap a quick picture. But we also thought that might be a bit on the risky or fatal side.

So, we expect this sort of business to continue on into the next week. We'll just have to wait and see if we get any action around here. lol.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home