A Waste of a Sunday
Okay, so a couple of friends of mine from Mac (Winkie & Bernice) were heading up to Europe this summer and Geneva just happened to be one of their stops. Naturally, the plan was to meet up with them at some point during their trip in Switzerland.
As it was this morning, I woke up to begin getting the apartment in order for their arrival. Vacuum, dishes, extra beds, etc. With all of that done, and the bus schedules all planned out to meet them at the airport for their imminent arrival, everything was running smoothly as clockwork.
And since it's only been just over a week since I arrived, I'm pretty much as tourist as the next average joe, so Albert (my housemate) was kind enough to make an early exit from church to help guide me to the airport and meet up with Winkie and Bernice.
When we got to the airport, all was well, the plane was displayed as already landed, and we proceeded to look for my friends. But after about an hour of waiting, and no friends to be found, something just didn't seem right. Went to the EasyJet information booth, but all they could tell us was that the plane had already landed and all the passengers had departed. So what was going on? I had no idea, and at this point nothing was making any sense.
Anyway, Albert and I opted to head back to the apartment as there was nothing left for us to do. After a quick snack and some Family Guy, I went online to see if I could find Winkie, to see if something went wrong (did they miss their flight, were they hijacked, who knows??).
As it turns out, I did find Winkie online, and apparently, Bernice had given me the wrong info. Although it was exactly the same flight number, and also departing Barcelona to Geneva at 1:40pm, the departure/arrival date was JULY 19th...and NOT June 19th. Oh brother. What a mess of a day.
In any case, my deepest apologies to Albert for skipping church early and for waiting with me at the airport. I will sacrifice 2 baby goats and drain a pint of my blood in retribution.
As it was this morning, I woke up to begin getting the apartment in order for their arrival. Vacuum, dishes, extra beds, etc. With all of that done, and the bus schedules all planned out to meet them at the airport for their imminent arrival, everything was running smoothly as clockwork.
And since it's only been just over a week since I arrived, I'm pretty much as tourist as the next average joe, so Albert (my housemate) was kind enough to make an early exit from church to help guide me to the airport and meet up with Winkie and Bernice.
When we got to the airport, all was well, the plane was displayed as already landed, and we proceeded to look for my friends. But after about an hour of waiting, and no friends to be found, something just didn't seem right. Went to the EasyJet information booth, but all they could tell us was that the plane had already landed and all the passengers had departed. So what was going on? I had no idea, and at this point nothing was making any sense.
Anyway, Albert and I opted to head back to the apartment as there was nothing left for us to do. After a quick snack and some Family Guy, I went online to see if I could find Winkie, to see if something went wrong (did they miss their flight, were they hijacked, who knows??).
As it turns out, I did find Winkie online, and apparently, Bernice had given me the wrong info. Although it was exactly the same flight number, and also departing Barcelona to Geneva at 1:40pm, the departure/arrival date was JULY 19th...and NOT June 19th. Oh brother. What a mess of a day.
In any case, my deepest apologies to Albert for skipping church early and for waiting with me at the airport. I will sacrifice 2 baby goats and drain a pint of my blood in retribution.

1 Comments:
UH-OH!
Baby's Cryin!
That's crappy to hear about the messed up flight dates. You might want to try and think about this as a good opportunity, man.
You'll have a lot more time now to buff the floor, re-tar the tar-ables and re-upholster all the furniture in your apartment: among other things I know you'll find yourself doing in the coming weeks. :)
Some other things that need doing:
1) Notarize your sock drawer by thread count and colour HEX value.
2) Alphabetize everything Albert owns. Place his belongings in ziplock bags to keep them safe in case of biblical floodings.
3) Build a mattress fort: Out of discarded soiled mattresses you find on the side of the road.
Hang in there, Alan. :)
By
Anonymous, at 6:00 a.m.
Post a Comment
<< Home