Swiss Bound!

Sunday, June 19, 2005

A lazy Saturday...and another year has passed...

Yep...my first lazy Saturday in Geneva...already...lol

Woke up at 11am. Ate some Kellogg's Smacks. (*which by the way, I did 'win' 1 of the 6 mini light-sabres that are currently being given away in each box of cereal...and I got the purple light-sabre...festive isn't it) Watched half of 'The Insider'. Ate leftovers for lunch. Went shopping for more food. (which also by the way, I am not giving much thought to, and am buying more food than I can actually eat in a week) Watched the other half of 'The Insider'. Watched 'Hostage'. Met up with friends to browse around 'FĂȘte de la Musique'. And then made my way back home.

Well, I kid. FĂȘte de la Musique was actually pretty exciting. And for the run-of-the-mill Swiss day, it's considered to be really crazy. The music festival is scheduled for 3 days to take place in 3 different parks around the city.


But in fact, bands and musicians pretty much just set up shop practically anywhere they want to and just start performing. And there are varying styles and genres of music all over the place; from contemporary, to hiphop, to rock, to aboriginal, to blues, it's all there to be listened to. And even though this isn't the largest music festival in Geneva, it definitely attracts ALOT of people.


Even though the flash didn't go off, I like this pic, cuz I actually thought that Monica was stretching or yawning or something like that.


(left to right: Albert, Mary, Monica, the Black Sheep, and Deb's workin' the camera)
Aww...doesn't this make you feel warm and fuzzy? Actually for me, the warm was from the beer, and the fuzzy was from the caterpillar that was making it's way up my leg.


My best ballpark guess puts the attendance at around 20,000 each evening. And I'm probably underguess...cuz it's probably more, but yeah, it's pretty freakin' packed.

And yes, once again, I forgot it was my birthday today. Luckily, Deb had asked me how old I was about halfway through the festival and my age admittance resulted in a small ceremony of miniature drinks amidst a interpretive dance (a la Fatboy Slim 'Praise You' styles) by a duo on stage.

For most people who know me, I'm not one to be big on birthdays, which is why I usually forget. But thanks to Albert, Deb, Mary, and Monica for spending it with me!

1 Comments:

  • Hey Alan, try to picture us singing this to you with a big Chinese Fruit cake....
    Happy Birthday to you
    Happy Birthday to youuuu
    Happy Birthday dear Alannnnn
    Happy Birthday to youuuu!!!

    From the Pickering Teos!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:12 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home