Let's kick-off the new year with a magic trick!
So how about it folks? Wanna see a nifty magic trick?
I call it, "The 800 Picture Edit"!
That's the rounded down total of pictures that I ended off with from my week long Christmas vacation through the south of Spain. Crazy, eh?
But alas, in the spirit of the new year, this will be my gift to all you loyal readers of my blog. The only catch, is that this gift will be spread out over the course of the next week or so. So you'll have to bear with me...
So anyway, as the story goes, my plan was to make a week long tour of Spain as of Christmas Day, and so it happened. I got onto a plane headed for Madrid and was fortunate enough to be met at the Madrid airport by my friend Victor. From that point on, there really wasn't that much of a plan. I was invited to Victor's parents house for a spanish christmas lunch, and then off to another friend's place to stay the night before heading out to Seville the next day.
First off, Victor's parents house is incredible, just see the picture for yourself.

They livin' like KINGS in dere! KINGS I tells ya!
Anyway, lunch was fantastic. Lots of authentic spanish cuisine, the names of which I can no longer repeat for you, but I do know that I had my first taste of the spanish omelette. As with the food, Victor's family was amazing. An entire family of teachers. If you can believe that. Their mother walked off into the kitchen in the next panoramic, but you'll see her in the next group of pictures.

(from left: Victor, his Aunt Maria, his sister Laura, brother in-law Kahn, Papa Nuno, sister Elena)




So all is just fine and dandy, until I hear from Victor that the other friend that I'm supposed to be staying with for the night in Madrid, just so happened to forget that I was arriving on Christmas Day and was finding it difficult to be able to accomodate me on such a day. Terrific planner. lol
Anyway, as I had expected such a problem to pop up, I was on my horse in finding a hostel in Seville that would accomodate me for the one evening. And with a little luck, (luck being the Lonely Planet guide book I had bought the day before) I found a little hostel in Seville on extremely short notice, and Victor chauffeured me straight to the train station to hitch a ride on the high-speed train service direct to Seville within the following hour.
And the train station was breath-taking. Absolutely massive. Complete with it's own veritable rainforest!

Needless to say, the first day wasn't very exciting or loaded with my usual insane amount of pictures, but it was great to spend Christmas Day with a family, even if it wasn't my own.
I would've loved to have seen more of Madrid, and even have taken more pictures of the city, but let's just say that Madrid isn't really in a picture taking state right now. As Victor was telling me, due to the Olympic bid, Madrid is in the midst of a mammouth construction project on their major streets, roads, and highways, and the entire city is either draped in construction or clogged with cars as a result of the construction.
Anyway, this is just an appetizer... well... mainly a warm-up... for me primarily because I have about 780 more pictures to sort through and edit before posting.
Perhaps I'll have more up today, if not, keep your index finger on your mouse and check back often...
I call it, "The 800 Picture Edit"!
That's the rounded down total of pictures that I ended off with from my week long Christmas vacation through the south of Spain. Crazy, eh?
But alas, in the spirit of the new year, this will be my gift to all you loyal readers of my blog. The only catch, is that this gift will be spread out over the course of the next week or so. So you'll have to bear with me...
So anyway, as the story goes, my plan was to make a week long tour of Spain as of Christmas Day, and so it happened. I got onto a plane headed for Madrid and was fortunate enough to be met at the Madrid airport by my friend Victor. From that point on, there really wasn't that much of a plan. I was invited to Victor's parents house for a spanish christmas lunch, and then off to another friend's place to stay the night before heading out to Seville the next day.
First off, Victor's parents house is incredible, just see the picture for yourself.

They livin' like KINGS in dere! KINGS I tells ya!
Anyway, lunch was fantastic. Lots of authentic spanish cuisine, the names of which I can no longer repeat for you, but I do know that I had my first taste of the spanish omelette. As with the food, Victor's family was amazing. An entire family of teachers. If you can believe that. Their mother walked off into the kitchen in the next panoramic, but you'll see her in the next group of pictures.

(from left: Victor, his Aunt Maria, his sister Laura, brother in-law Kahn, Papa Nuno, sister Elena)




So all is just fine and dandy, until I hear from Victor that the other friend that I'm supposed to be staying with for the night in Madrid, just so happened to forget that I was arriving on Christmas Day and was finding it difficult to be able to accomodate me on such a day. Terrific planner. lol
Anyway, as I had expected such a problem to pop up, I was on my horse in finding a hostel in Seville that would accomodate me for the one evening. And with a little luck, (luck being the Lonely Planet guide book I had bought the day before) I found a little hostel in Seville on extremely short notice, and Victor chauffeured me straight to the train station to hitch a ride on the high-speed train service direct to Seville within the following hour.
And the train station was breath-taking. Absolutely massive. Complete with it's own veritable rainforest!

Needless to say, the first day wasn't very exciting or loaded with my usual insane amount of pictures, but it was great to spend Christmas Day with a family, even if it wasn't my own.
I would've loved to have seen more of Madrid, and even have taken more pictures of the city, but let's just say that Madrid isn't really in a picture taking state right now. As Victor was telling me, due to the Olympic bid, Madrid is in the midst of a mammouth construction project on their major streets, roads, and highways, and the entire city is either draped in construction or clogged with cars as a result of the construction.
Anyway, this is just an appetizer... well... mainly a warm-up... for me primarily because I have about 780 more pictures to sort through and edit before posting.
Perhaps I'll have more up today, if not, keep your index finger on your mouse and check back often...

1 Comments:
Wow!
That house looks absolutely fantastic! You're quite lucky to get to stay there for a little bit.
And as for that train station - as if people didn't crank enough on their own, Madrid had to install rainforest conditions to supplement the stink.
By
Anonymous, at 4:56 p.m.
Post a Comment
<< Home